Tuesday 21 May 2013

Nice Things

So despite a lot of nastiness going on in my life right now, I have had actually had some lovely things happen in the past few weeks.

Firstly I would like to say an absolutely huge thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read my blog and get in contact. I have been completely over whelmed by people getting in touch and sending the loveliest messages of love and support. I hate the thought of making a fuss, and so until now don't really burden people with the disease or whats going on. But the reaction I have had from everyone has really melted my heart. Some even bought a tear to my eye, and for those that know me know I am not one to cry. So thank you all so much. You don't know how much it means to me that people are reading & enjoying my blog. Huge amounts of love for you all.

I also received the most stunning bunch of flowers in the post. They are still looking beautiful and every time I see them I smile.



Given the card didn't say who they were from, I immediately asked Matt if they were from him, which he denied. I then had visions of having a stalker, and panicked at who would know my address. Turns out they were from my lovely Matt... or so he says. Me and Dad are still convinced he is just taking credit for someone else's lovely gift. 
Matt also gave me a lucky charm; he found what looks like a horse shoe at work, and so cleaned it up and painted it for me. Hopefully it will bring me a lot of luck over the next few weeks!


The 'horse' shoe is so small though, I can't imagine a horse small enough to have worn it. So maybe it belonged to another hoofed animal, like a llama or a Shetland Pony, or maybe it isn't a horse shoe at all. Either way I love it and it will accompany me during my hospital stay!

My bestest friend and very talented illustrator, Becky, also sent me the loveliest card in the post. It put the biggest smile on my face and absolutely made my day.




Last week I went in to Uni for a lecture, for the first time in weeks. It absolutely exhausted me but was so worth it to feel like a normal human being. I could kid myself for the afternoon that I was just as 'normal' as everyone else in the room, it did make me a little sad to see everyone healthy and pretty care free. I can't wait to get my life back!
It also meant that I got to catch up with some Uni friends, Milly & Laura, which was great. Having the change in scenery and being treated like 'normal' Gabi again, barely mentioning Crohn's, really lifted my mood.

After a few days of feeling very poorly and exhausted as well as going through a colonoscopy, I woke up on Sunday, inspired to bake. I decided to make a firm favourite, which don't take too long. Chocolate Chip Cookies. Here's a photo of all 24! Less than 24 hours later they were all gone...


I also ventured out of the house and went to the pub with Matt and his gorgeous dog, Jake. It was a beautiful day and although we weren't out for very long, I got to soak up some sun. Even if I will be spending much of my Summer in hospital and recovering, at least I will be a bronzed goddess!



Sunglasses are a current firm favourite accessory, they hide a million sins. On that day, I in fact looked like a corpse but you'd never know thanks to my bug eyes.

Finally! I am very excited that all my friends are soon returning to the mothership. I miss them all so much, and can't wait to catch up with everyone again. They all start to finish their final year at Uni next week, which is a very scary thought, so there will be a lot of celebrating to be done! I plan to sleep a lot before they all come back, so I can join in as much as possible!

Thank you all for reading,

Lots of love! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment