Wednesday 19 June 2013

20,000 Views, Lists, Cards and Baby Feet

Hey Guys!

As I am sure you have noticed, my little blog has had a bit of a make over!
This is because amazingly I have had over 20,000 views! I can't get my head around this as it has only been going about 6 weeks ish! I really can't believe it. Obviously this wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for you all, so thank you so much! Next mile stone 50,000?!
I have added a working About Me, changed a few colours and backgrounds and the biggest change of all, have added a beautiful banner! This is down to my very talented best friend, Becky Hill (http://www.hillustration.co.uk/) I have of course mentioned her before and she has used her very clever illustration skills to design me my very own title header.
Please let me know what you think of all the changes and what I can do, if anything, to make it easier to use and navigate!




So I have confessed before to being a bit of a nerd, and I am proud to say that there is nothing I like more than organising and sorting stuff out. But my main love, is lists.
I love lists.
I have various list books for different needs and have multiple list apps on my phone; I am also available to guest list for anyone who needs a helping hand.
Because of this I have decided to publish a list once a week, every Wednesday. It won't just be Crohn's and Margaret based but also about me, my love of the fashion industry, shopping and baking. Some may be short and sweet & some much longer. Some may be stuck on the end of another post and some may have their very own post, all to themselves. This might be ridiculously boring, and if so, please do tell me. But personally, I am secretly very nosy and love stuff like this!

I thought I would start this off with a list about me.
Now a lot of you guys who read my blog are my friends and family (hi!), and so already know a lot about me! But I also seem to have attracted a lot of lovely followers, who don't know me at all! You have gotten to hear about my Crohn'sy, medical life and of course, Margaret. But I would like to think there is more to me than Crohn's and Margaret and so thought I would give you a bit more of an insight in to who I am.

10 FACTS ABOUT ME

1/ Heights
I am scared of heights. I haven't always been afraid, but since I was about 12, being anywhere above 5 floors makes my head spin. Despite knowing this I still put myself in awful situations like going on the London Eye or up the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

2/ I hate puddings
I sometimes fancy a bit of vanilla ice cream but apart from that do not like puddings. Despite my love of baking I rarely eat baked goods and don't own a sweet tooth. I rarely even eat chocolate. The only sweet, desert like thing I love are pancakes...

3/ Pancakes
I once ate 21 large pancakes, one after the other. Lemon & sugar please!



4/ Control Freak
I hate to admit it but I am a definite control freak. I like having a plan, knowing whats going on and feeling in control of situations. I don't necessarily have to be a leader and am happy to work with others but I have to have a handle on things. Ever since I learnt how to drive, I struggle being a passenger in a car. I also hate all public transport, including flying, because I have no control over what happens. I have just realised this is making me sound like a complete weirdo!

5/ Allergies
I am allergic to a lot of things, but the main ones are furry animals (apart from dogs) and peanuts.

6/ Spain
I lived there for five years and used to be fluent in Spanish. 15 years on I have forgotten most of the language, although it does come back when I'm drunk. I can however understand most of what is said to me, I just can't find the words to reply, which is incredibly frustrating. I have however kept my love of Spanish and Mediterranean style food.


Me being a grumpy guts in Spain

7/ I can't run
Now, keen bean readers will remember that now that I have Margaret I want to train for the London Marathon. A slight hurdle may be the fact I do not know how to run. My legs physically do not move quick enough; my body just doesn't seem to grasp the concept of a 'run'. I, in fact, have not sprinted since year 5 sports day when I was 9 - something I am ashamed to admit. I vow for this to change though!

8/ Music Videos
When I am in my car, alone, with music on I pretend I am in a music video. That is all.

9/ Baby Feet
I have baby square feet. I have posted a photo of these beauties before but only when they were swollen. I have tiny toes and they are very chubby. I have been told by a 'children's shoe fitter trainer' that my feet are literally those of a baby. They are squidgy and mushy and can bend in all sorts of positions.



10/ Karate
I no longer do Karate but when I was younger I wasn't too bad at it, winning quite a few medals and trophies. Many who hear this laugh as I am 5ft 2 and probably the weakest person in the world. But! I have won a couple of golds at various competitions including the Karate National Championships, both individually and as a team.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was also visited by my stoma nurse yesterday! Who is lovely, and said I am dealing with everything so well and doing brilliantly, which is great! She had a look at old Margaret and filled the growing gap with 'healing powder' and stuck a sticky protective ring over the wound, so it was snuggly hugging Margaret. She said I had done a great job of keeping it clean and there was no infection, which is so brilliant, as I really do not need that on top of everything! She also sorted out my order of supplies which is very exciting! I also jumped online and ordered some freebie samples from different companies to work out which products I get on with. I am feeling much better now that I know Margaret is safe n sound; the pain and itching will go once I am healed up although she is very sore from being poked around recently.
My first supplies package arrived today! Which should not have made me as excited as it did.




This lovely big box of goodies came from pelican, along with bags, different wipes and disposable bags they also packed me complimentary odour sprays and a portable bag filled with more wipes, curved scissors, a clip to hold up your top when changing the bag (BEST IDEA EVER) and all sorts of gap filling equiptment. So big thank you to Pelican for these goodies. I have also ordered some freebie samples from a couple of other companies to test out different products; see what I like! Exciting stuff!

After my big vent in my last post I pulled myself together and have shaken off the down in the dumps feeling. I guess bad days are to be expected but I know me and Margaret will be just fine.
Here is a photo of all of my wonderful cards which have made me very happy.


I have also taken daily trips to the local garage to feed my Haribo addiction. It is normally about a 5minute walk but at my pace it takes more like 15. Given how painful it is to walk I can't imagine being able to run or do an exercise class! I was told before my op that it was a long slog of a recovery but I never actually realised how slow it would be. I am nearly two weeks on from the op and still can't imagine doing a lot of normal, every day things.
Matt has been joining me for my short strolls with Jakey, so it makes a brilliant break from being stuck in house, whilst getting a bit of exercise!
I can also now cough, blow my nose and laugh without wanting to cry, it is still painful but nothing like before, which means something must be healing! Sneezing is still horrific, which isn't helpful with hay fever attacks!

I will leave you with this photo of me, sat in the sun feeling a lot happier with myself.


Lots of love
XXX

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but your feet are hilarious...they are so cute!! Loving the new banner :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! This comment made my day, thank you very much! they are a bit ridiculous huh!
      Thank you! I love it too!
      G x

      Delete