Friday 9 August 2013

Haircuts, Horses and Happy Birthdays

Hi Guys,

So to continue with the story of my busy week...

Friday night I baby sat again which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was for a family which I have worked for for two and half years. Their youngest is now 4 and safe to say the best little dude ever. I took Matt with me, which brightened up the little guys day, the moment Matt is there I am no longer the favourite person around.

Saturday I headed to my lovely friend Emily's 21st. I have known Em now for three years! Which is crazy! We became friends on the first day of my Art Foundation course and have been best buds since. After our year on the foundation course we ended up starting Uni at Epsom UCA together before Em switched courses and Unis. Despite now being at different Unis we have stayed in tough and I love the girl! I drove down to her "day-time birthday drinks/food thing", still exhausted from Bournemouth's events. It was so so good to see her and all of her friends from home. I had such a good afternoon, highlight being the amazing marshmallow cake!!





I have also gotten myself a job! Very exciting news. 
I am going to be working as a nanny. I have always loved working with children and it has always been my back up plan to become a primary school teacher so working as a nanny is perfect. It is only part time but I will be working 3 - 7, 5 days a week. I really could do with the money as well as having something to do and getting out the house. I am only required to be at Uni a few mornings a week so it'll work perfectly alongside that! I am quite scared about suddenly having a pretty packed schedule. Something which I haven't been used to in well over a year. 

This week I have also gotten myself a haircut.
It feels great to have all the ratty hair cut off and to have a much sleeker cut. Due to losing a surprising amount of hair whilst being poorly I now have a lot of hair growth coming through. I am left with a layer of hair growing through underneath my usual hair. Once it all grows through I will be able to grow my hair nice and long again. 



I have also been spending a lot of time baking. AGAIN. 
Here is my most recent batch of marshmallow and chocolate chip brownies, I tried to take a photo before any had been eaten but Matt got there first...


On Tuesday I spent the day with Matt, he had to work the morning and the afternoon but in the middle we had a lovely lunch together. It was his first half a day off in a really long time so it was so nice to spend time together. I am so proud of how his new company is doing and how hard he is working. Tonight we are off out to dinner for the first time since our trip to the Vineyard which I blogged about weeks before my op. During the week half of the neighbours tree came down and Matt sorted it all out for them. They were so pleased they gave him a voucher for a restaurant down the road! Brilliant news for me!
That afternoon I went with Matt to do a local job. This involved horses. Unfortunately I am allergic to horses so I wasn't much help but I loved just being near them. I have some much worse allergies, one even life threatening, but if I could get rid of any it would be my horse one. I would have loved to learn how to ride. I haven't been near horses in years so chanced getting close. Safe to say I am still allergic. After half an hour I was relieved I had my inhaler around I can tell you!






Margaret continues to act up every now and again. The adhesive on the bag seems to dry out and then crack, obviously not allowing it to stick to me, causing leaks and seeping. The first time this happened this week, I noticed five minutes before leaving the house to have drinks with Matt. Thank god I noticed! 10 minutes later and it could have been a very public, embarrassing moment. The second time was two days later, when I woke up to find the bag only half stuck down, with the rest of the adhesive 'flange' all dried up. Somehow nothing had leaked out! Don't ask me how.
Hopefully this won't continue although I am not keeping my hopes up, I guess I just have to be extra vigilant at all times. My my new supplies arrived this week too. Something about receiving a parcel even if there is nothing interesting inside is strangely exciting.




Thank you all for reading, if any of you have any questions or topics you would like me to write about or touch on please just get in touch. 

Lots of love
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment