Friday 18 October 2013

Belly Warmers & Belated Birthday Celebrations

Hi Guys

So last week I was contacted by a lovely lady, and reader of my blog, about some her products. We had a quick chat and she explained all about NukuNuku. I did a quick google search and was very intrigued and was lucky enough to have one sent over!
Nukuku are a range of haramaki belly warmers, bought over from Japan, where they wear them all the time! They are basically a band of fabric which you wear around your belly, which can have a variety of benefits. I chose black as I thought it would go with everything and was so excited when the package came through the door.
I was a bit sceptical as it really does look like a piece of fabric, and I couldn't see what was so different about them, or why they were so special!



I quickly popped it on and put my pyjamas on over the top, and I tell you I could sleep in this thing it is so comfy. It is like having an extra warm layer across your middle, which is an obvious benefit in this cold weather! It doesn't cut in to me at all, and works even with a growing Margaret. I am a big lover of the hot water bottle and have always used them to soothe painful stomach cramps or to provide comfort and warmth - this belly band does a similar thing but in a much more practical way. It also provides a sense of support for Margaret. As some of you may have seen, I have used a support band before, provided by one the ostomy care companies - and this belly band beats that one hands down. I have yet to test it out under normal clothing, so as yet, do not know how it lies under my clothes, but I will let you know. I did end up sleeping in it one night and found that it did ride up and became annoying and uncomfortable - saying that, they probably aren't made for sleeping in.
If any of you want to check them out, you can find them at NUKUNUKU
Check them out and let me know what you think!



I have been incredibly busy the last few weeks, I am well in to the swing of things at Uni, going in 1-3  mornings a week, I have also been doing a lot of childminding/babysitting - which I am finding exhausting! It is great practice and experience for when I do my teacher training but it is so draining. My tutors are gobsmacked that I am trying to do it all, especially as it is my final and most important year! I get home, eat, shower and go straight to bed - which is pretty boring!
In the past couple of days Margaret has leaked twice.
The first time, I was exhausted. I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed. Once it was all sorted out I then couldn't get back to sleep for an hour. I tell you, the next day was a huge struggle. I don't understand why she leaked! It drives me crazy, and at 2am really gets me down. As my life gets back to normal I do find myself wishing that I didn't have her. Although it is down to her that I am feeling better, I wish I could just be healthy without the hassle of having her there.
I also wish that I could have a break from her. I hate that I can't take her off for more than ten minutes at a time or when I am in the shower. I wish for a couple of hours I could whip her off and not have it there. It's odd that even though most of the time I can't feel her there, if I think about it too much I start to feel strangely claustrophobic.

Today I had an appointment with my gastro-consultant, and it went really well. I have halved my dose of the Humira injections to one every two weeks, which I am so glad about - they aren't the nicest thing to have to do every week. All in all it was so positive. I told her all about this blog (without mentioning Margaret's name) and she thought it was brilliant. I have put on some weight, which was inevitable as I am now eating properly, however, I would like to lose a few pounds and tone up.
There was the loveliest nurse in the outpatients department, we chatted for a while and she was so friendly and kind. When I was later waiting for my bloods in another room, she walked through and gave me the biggest smile and wave! It really made my day!
Talking of blood tests, my arm was pretty butchered today. The first attempt didn't work so she stuck a whopping great big needle in my left arm for a second try. I have to say, it was one of the more painful blood tests I have had to have done. It ached for a good hour afterwards, which I have never had before. She didn't even crack a smile!

My weekend is looking like its going to be a good one! I have more babysitting and Saturday night I am heading out with some of my gorgeous friends for a belated birthday meal and night out full of cocktails! I can't wait despite really struggling with what to wear. I have narrowed it down to three options...


Let me know what ya think!
Lots of love
xxx


6 comments: