Sunday 13 October 2013

The Best Birthday Weekend!

AAgain it has been a long while since my last post, very sorry about that!
So last weekend was my 22nd Birthday - Friday 4th October! - I woke up that morning bright and early to open some gifts and cards before everyone went off to work and school. Matt had taken the day off which I was so glad about, as my last birthday I spent all day on my tod! I got some lovely gifts including a list-making notebook, something I was SO excited about... & the most beautiful Michael Kors watch. I have wanted one for a while so was made up with I got it! A very happy girl indeed.



When all my cards were opened, Matt turned to me and asked,

"Have you packed a bag then?"

I did look a bit confused, with no idea what he was on about! I knew he had planned something for the Saturday as I was told not to arrange anything with my friends on that day. Anyway, it turns out he had planned a long weekend away in London including an afternoon at the Harry Potter Studios! I was so so excited, especially as I had just over an hour to pack and get ready before heading off to the train station. We quickly packed a bag and headed off for what was to be the best weekend I have had in a very long time!
The Harry Potter Studio Tour was everything I thought it would be, I am a die hard Harry Potter fan and have wanted to go for so so long. Matt on the other hand isn't such a fan, but actually really enjoyed it. I found it amazing being able to walk in to the great hall and be so close to all the sets and props as well as find out how it all worked behind the scenes! I tried butterbeer which wasn't so tasty but the free cup was great!






After the tour had ended we headed to find our hotel. Matt had booked us two nights at The Mayfair Hotel, an incredible five star hotel! I have never stayed in such an amazing place. The room was beautiful and we were treated like royalty. Matt had organised for strawberries, chocolate and champagne for when we got to our room - which was so lovely. That evening we headed out to Soho and Piccadilly Circus, as Matt had never been. We had an amazing dinner and cocktails. I then spotted one of the men on bikes which a carriage thing at the back. I have wanted to go on one for a very long time and this seemed like the best opportunity! Matt asked the guy how much it was to get back to Piccadilly Circus, to which he replied £10. Before Matt had the chance to reply I accepted the offer and jumped in; I think the wine had something to do with that! Matt rolled his eyes before asking for some 'romantic music - like Enrique' - just to embarrass me I'm sure! The lovely man put on 'One Direction - Little Things' to which I pealed with laughter. We wrapped ourselves in a blanket as we whizzed through traffic - despite the fact I thought we may crash, it was honestly one of the happiest moments of my life! I was so so happy. The whole journey lasted less than the one song, Matt was outraged at the huge amount of money such a small journey cost, but it made me so happy, so I think it was worth it. & what a way to end my birthday!
We ended up heading back to the hotel quite early - we were both shattered after such a long day, and the amazing bed was too much to ignore!







The following day we woke up at 10 and headed down to breakfast which was out of this world! I loved every mouthful, we were presented with everything you could possibly wish for! Full English, meat, cheese, breads, cereals, fruits, salmon, eggs, waffles and pancakes were there for the taking. Breakfast is normally my least favourite meal of the day but in this instance it was definitely my favourite. Our day was spent shopping and eating lovely food. We met up with one of our lovely friends, another Matt, and spent a long afternoon at a shisha bar in Mayfair which was so relaxed.
We decided not to head out that evening and instead ordered in room service (twice!) and had a drink in the hotel bar. Another amazing day.








I was absolutely heart broken to leave the hotel the following morning. The weekend has gone so quick yet it felt like weeks since we had left home. We did spend the rest of the day in Covent Garden, having drinks and yummy food whilst watching some hilarious street entertainers. I was gutted to leave London and get back to the real world after the most amazing weekend. It was so good to spend some time away with Matt - it had been over two years since we had gone away together! & after what can be described as the worst year of my life, I felt that we definitely deserved it.
Margaret did pretty much behave herself whilst we were away. I don't know how much she loved the alcohol or huge amounts of food we had though! I woke up that first morning to find the adhesive had lifted away! Luckily I had bought lots of spare stuff with me so I didn't need to worry. I did however find that the alcohol bloated me a lot - it never really used to, but this time my tummy swelled up like a beach ball, I thought I was going to pop! Maybe it is the type of alcohol I had - too many cocktails!




All in all I had the loveliest birthday - definitely one of the best I have ever had! Matt had gone to so much trouble and spoilt me rotten - I want to go back.

The last week in the real world, has been long and tiring. Juggling Uni with babysitting duties has been very tough and I am worried about it all, but I am sure it'll be okay.

I will try my best to blog much sooner and update you all!
Lots of love
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment