Friday 1 November 2013

My Talented Brother and Some Bread

Hi Guys!

So in the past few days I have been a pretty busy bee!
I took two children I look after to their halloween party, I didn't know anyone and felt a bit awkward sat in the corner on a tiny childs' chair. The room was full of mums who knew each other and so many children dressed in costumes ranging from adorable chubby baby pumpkins to the incredible hulk. The afternoon was made a lot better when a kind lady handed me a hot dog and a cupcake, which I swiftly tucked in to.



I have also had a uni presentation and group critique! For as long as I can remember I have hated public speaking or being the centre of attention in any situation. Part of my uni course has required me to stand up in front of various group sizes and present an idea or my work many many times. I am quite proud to say that although I don't enjoy it, it no longer reduces me to tears! I am especially at ease when I have to talk about my own work, I guess you can't really go wrong when it's all about things you've done and there are no tricky questions afterwards! Anyway the crit went all and strangely now that I have Margaret I am a lot more confident something I have noticed this in so many situations.

Even though I am less than two months in to my third year I already feel bad whenever I am not doing Uni work. It does help that a huge part of my final major project is based around my family and local area, this means I can tap in to them for ideas and inspiration. Recently I got my family members to draw out our old route to school, I found it really interesting how different people draw the same route! My brother, Sean, who is away in Cardiff at Uni studying animation put together such a nice route!


His work is amazing and he is constantly adding new work to his blog! Please do check it all out, I have a very talented brother!

SEAN'S BLOG!!

My baking bug has also continued, today I made a crown loaf, a favourite of my brother and boyfriend! We are going to it eat with a Spanish-esq rice and chicken dish, which is so good!


After some great advice from a fellow stoma owner I am now going to be changing Margaret every day if I can and definitely every two days, in attempt to stop these awful night time leaks!
I was also pretty livid this morning, I received a letter letting me know that for the fourth time my appointment with my surgeon has been re arranged. It is so so annoying! Every time it happens I have to book more time off of work/Uni. I haven't seen my surgeon since a few days after the op, which I have to say I do find a little bit worrying. I was supposed to see him 2 and half months after surgery and 5 months on I have yet to see him. I know I have seen stoma nurses and my consultant but I do find it a bit concerning that he has yet to make sure all is okay. If I were to get Margaret reversed it would probably be next Summer, and I have a feeling that'll be the next time I see mr surgeon...

Lots of love!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment