Monday 6 January 2014

Goals for 2014

Hi everyone,

So today is apparently one of the most, if not the most, depressing days of the year. Granted the weather is miserable, its a Monday and if you are anything like me you are suffering with over spending at Christmas and New Year. However, in the spirit of 'looking to the future' and my love of list writting, here are my aims and goals for 2014...

1. Work towards completing everything on Margaret and Gabi's To Do List.
- When I first got Margaret, I wrote myself a To Do list of things I wanted to do once I was healthy, many of these I have already managed to do like have a spa day with my Mum and finally get a dog! However, others such as running a marathon have yet to get going. This particular one is something I want to achieve, or at least work towards achieving.

2. Run.
- I need to get my act together and get my bum moving. My knee is something which does worry me but I think if I am careful there is no reason why I cant get my jog on. After years of my weight fluctuating due to ill health and steroids I am determined to get back to being and looking healthy and slim.

3. Give up McDonalds (for January...at least).
- A long running joke for many of my friends is my love of McDonalds, there was a time in my life where I ate 5 in a week... horrific I know. Although I would never dream of doing that now, I probably have 3-4 a month and that is still not healthy. My goal for at least January is to give up McDonalds and all other take aways. I am on day 6 and going strong!

4. Holiday.
- The majority of last year was spent sat in front of the tv or in bed, during the Summer I was obviously recovering from surgery and so was unable to get away and since then my life has been rather hectic. This year is my final at Uni and in 5 months time I will be done and dusted with my degree - my plan is to go away for a couple of weeks after I have graduated. Many of my friends are travelling the world, saying good bye to England for a year or more. This does not appeal to me. I want to visit amazing places and see the world but the thought of living out of a rucksack for months on end and not seeing my family is not something I want to do. Having Margaret is also a consideration, therefore my plan is to head off on mini trips with possibly inter-railing in July/August. I want to visit the Greek islands and Italy, and I will probably do it on my own! Scary!
I would LOVE to go skiing again but my very limited budget may stop this happening any time soon...

5. Get a job as a teaching assistant.
- It isn't looking likely that I will get in to do my PGCE this year, I have limited experience compared to other people and my degree is not a curriculum subject. My plan is therefor to take a year out and work as a TA. This is something I think I will love doing, and will also give me a bit of time out from learning and education.

6. Possibly / maybe / hopefully have Margaret reversed.
- Now this is a big deal. I have been told that this is up to me, and although the control freak in me is doing cartwheels, it is also quite scary. I know I want to give it a shot and try to have it reversed but I'm not sure if this year is the year to do it. I have a lot going on and just getting used to being healthy and as much as having Margaret isn't ideal, she does keep me well. Big decisions ahead!

7. Brush my teeth in the shower.

8. Finally, the most important of all, meet David Beckham.

I will of course keep you all updated on how I get on with this list. I hope your January 6th isn't as depressing as the media are making it out to be, and your 2014 is off to a flying start,

Lots of love
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gabi, I've been reading your blog for a little while now and I love your positive outlook on life! With regards to the reversal I would be really interested as to what information you have been given? My younger sister has an illeoscopy bag and the information she has been given is just terrifying so I am trying to surreptitiously discover as much as I can for her. She's only 17 and the whole thing was and is a nightmare. Your insight has helped me understand some of her perspective and I just want to help her in any way I can

    ReplyDelete